( data shared with us by our partner Fitfirst Technologies)
Do you know that:
- 40% of employees are considering leaving their jobs this year?
- 53% would take a job in a new industry if given the chance to retrain
- 1 in 5 workers changed their line of work entirely over the past yeart ( 50% of those say changes are permanent)
Reasons given: Work-life balance, better compensation, trying something new.What about those who are " sheltering in place? "
- 80% are concerned about their career growth
- 34% say they want to find a job where they can keep working remotely
- 72% say Pandemic caused them to rethink their skills set
- 59% have sought out skills training on their ownTheir present beliefs: " My life's not worth a dead-end job"
What this means to Employers?
- Flexible work schedules
- Remote-work options
- Career Mobility within
- Constantly recruiting
- Hiring for Fit with the job, and Fit with the environment and the Leadership
- Career development plans
- Know who the critical team members are and understand what they need from workHuman Resources require a much more strategic approach:
- Take a people inventory of your team
- Succession Planning for each critical role
- Hire for Fit First with the position, the team and the leadership
- Look at what they know, as well as their past experiences
- Become a grower of talentHiring requires a marketing a sales approach: Stand out!
- What are your Unique Value Propositions?
- What can you offer future candidates based on the above information?Find out what is important for your candidate: " If you were one of our employees, what criteria would you use to evaluate the quality of our business partnership?"
Our human resources do not all have the same needs:
- Living and working at home routines
- Social interactions
- Project collaboration
- Need for feedback
- Mentoring, coaching, and training
- The development of skills and competencies
- Professional Development
- Leadership vs SupervisionHuman Resources are critical to increasing revenues, becoming more efficient and productive, while reducing costs.
High overhead turnover within an organization has a direct impact on net profits, one more reason to adopt a much more strategic approach in order to attract and retain talented workers.
Become a member of our Facebook
page and keep informed on all new activities!
Become a member of our group " Les Leaders de Coeur