How to develop an inviting way of listening?
True listening is a skill that's developed and mastered. It is one of the most empathetic ways of making someone feel welcome.
How do we develop our ability to listen to the client?
- Through our posture
- Through our attention
- Through our signs and gestures
- Through verbal reinforcement
- Through our curiosity
- Through our opennessListening means: Making the effort to understand!Listening means: Showing the willingness to help the client!
This doesn't simply mean talking as little as possible. It especially means that you must stop having a conversation with yourself!
You must stop listening to that " little voice
" inside you.
Ask the voice to be quiet for a few minutes, and then be totally present to what the client is sharing with you.Your inner voice
- Anticipates answers/needs
- Thinks about the next topic
- Judges the relevance of the request
- Is focussed on other things
- Avoids certain questions
- Listens selectively
Become a member of our Facebook Page
and stay on top of our different new topics!
For more information on the " How to create and unforgettable client experience